The Work Group
The Charlotte Regional Transportation Planning Organization (CRTPO) Bicycle & Pedestrian Work Group is tasked with an advisory role in the MPO planning process. The Work Group draws on the technical expertise of practitioners and advocates in the bicycle and pedestrian planning arena. This expertise is essential in recommending the efficient allocation of funding for studies, projects, and planning efforts. The Bicycle & Pedestrian Work Group makes recommendations directly to the MPO’s Technical Coordinating Committee, and advises the committee on specific matters when so directed.
- Advocate for safer bicyclist and pedestrian means of transportation;
- Support advocacy and education efforts throughout the MPO planning area;
- Work collaboratively with regional bicyclist and pedestrian planning initiatives and agencies;
- Ensure that bicyclist and pedestrian transportation issues are fully integrated into the MPO’s planning process, planning documents, and policy efforts; and
- Seek resources, as determined by the MPO, which provide for bicyclist and pedestrian transportation choices.
The Bicycle & Pedestrian Work Group is comprised of TCC members, NCDOT Division representatives, and local staff from across the planning area.
|Centralina Regional Council||Vacant|
|Charlotte Area Transit System||Bruce Jones|
|Charlotte DOT Bicycle Program||Alex Riemondy|
|CRTPO Staff||Curtis Bridges|
|Iredell County||Erika Martin (Town of Mooresville)|
|Mecklenburg County Greenways||Gwen Cook|
|Mecklenburg County Health Department||Vacant|
|NCDOT Division 10||Stuart Basham|
|NCDOT Division 12||Anil Panicker|
|North Mecklenburg County||Aaron Tucker (Town of Cornelius)|
|North Mecklenburg County||Andrew Ventresca (Town of Troutman)|
|North Mecklenburg County||Tracy Houk (Town of Huntersville, Park & Recreation)|
|South Mecklenburg County||Susan Habina-Woolard (Town of Matthews)|
|Union County||Bjorn Hansen (Union County)|
|Union County||Blair Israel (Town of Waxhaw)|