The Charlotte Regional Transportation Planning Organization approved the formation of the Project Oversight Committee (POC) in September of 2015. The committee was formed to:
- make project selection recommendations and monitor the implementation of the CRTPO’s direct attributable funds, and
- monitor the implementation of projects funded with Congestion Mitigation & Air Quality (CMAQ), Transportation Alternatives Program (TAP), and Bonus Allocation funds.
The formation of this subcommittee was a recommendation made by the CRTPO Board in recognition of an increasing amount of locally administered projects that required a consistent tracking effort to ensure that all projects are implemented in a timely manner.
The POC has assisted in the prioritization and project tracking efforts for the following direct attributable funding sources that have been appropriated to projects throughout the CRTPO planning area:
|Congestion Mitigation Air Quality||CMAQ||FHWA|
|Surface Transportation Block Grant – Direct Attributable||STBG-DA||FHWA|
|Transportation Alternatives Program||TAP||FHWA|
Monitoring Projects Funded with the CRTPO’s direct attributable funds:
- The POC maintains contact with project managers and receives updates, at least quarterly, regarding the project status, including the completion of key milestones toward project completion.
- The POC informs the TCC and CRTPO Board on the status of projects funded with discretionary funds, and will report annually, as a component of the project tracking process.
Project Selection Recommendations:
- The POC solicits feedback from members and may hold special meetings or workshops with CRTPO Board and TCC members in order to facilitate brainstorming and discussion and accurately capture the resulting feedback.
- The POC drafts scoring criteria modifications based on those outcomes and presents for approval / adoption before a call for projects is issued.
- Once project applications have been received and scored by their respective ranking and review committee, recommendations are presented to the POC review and discussion, yielding preliminary funding recommendations to present to the TCC and MPO for approval.
The TCC leadership has made the following appointments to the Project Oversight Committee (POC) for 2022-2023.
TCC leadership consists of TCC Chair Liz Babson (Charlotte DOT) and TCC Vice-Chair Andrew Ventresca (Troutman). The appointments are effective as of the next POC meeting on February 24. Based upon the founding document, POC position terms are for two years, and no member can serve more than three terms.
|POC Chair (TCC Vice-Chair)||Andrew Ventresca||Troutman|
|Jurisdiction Representative||Ashley Landis||Charlotte DOT|
|Jurisdiction Representative||Dana Stoogenke||Matthews|
|Jurisdiction Representative||David Cole||Statesville|
|Jurisdiction Representative||Theo Ghitea||Waxhaw|
|Jurisdiction Representative||Bjorn Hansen||Union County|
|Jurisdiction Representative||Cami Weckerly||Mooresville|
|Motor Vehicle||Stuart Basham||NCDOT-Division 10|
|Bike/Ped||Alex Rotenberry||NCDOT-Integrated Mobility|
|NCDOT||Jeff Littlefield||NCDOT-Division 10|
|NCDOT||Anil Panicker||NCDOT-Division 12|
March 12 Agenda | Summary
February 6 Agenda | Summary
January 23 Agenda | Summary
May 23 Agenda | Summary
May 13 Agenda | Summary
April 11 Agenda | Summary
February 28 Agenda | Summary
February 7 Agenda | Summary
August 23 Agenda | Summary