Updated Air Quality Conformity Determination
In response to the FHWA guidance, the CRTPO Board made an air quality conformity determination based upon the 1997 ozone standard on the 2045 MTP and 2018-2027 TIP during the October 17, 2018 meeting . (The conformity determination process included the 2008 NAAQS.) Needed amendments to the MTP and TIP were folded into the process, and are listed in the table below.
- U-6028 Mallard Creek Rd. Widening
- TBD New Southend Station
- U-4913 Idlewild Rd. Widening
- U-5764 US 74 Widening
- U-6032 Odell School Rd. Widening
- U-3467 NC 84 (Rea Rd. Ext.)
Click here view the Approved Conformity Analysis and Determination Report (October 30, 2018)
2045 MTP Air Quality Conformity Document
This report addresses amendments to the 2045 Metropolitan Transportation Plan (MTP) and Fiscal Years (FY) 2018-2022 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) to accommodate certain specific projects. The amendments are for the following jurisdictions:
- The Cabarrus-Rowan Metropolitan Planning Organization (CRMPO);
- The Gaston-Cleveland-Lincoln Urban Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (GCLMPO);
- The Charlotte Regional Transportation Planning Organization (CRTPO); and
- The donut portion of Union County outside the MPO boundary that is in the Metrolina Maintenance Area.
- Conformity Analysis Determination Report (Full Document) – Updated December 3, 2018
Air Quality Conformity Determination Report
This report constitutes 2040 Metropolitan Range Transportation Plan (MTP) and Fiscal Years (FY) 2016-2020 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) amendments for the Charlotte Regional Transportation Planning Organization (CRTPO);
Based on the results of the analysis described in this report, the 2040 MTP for CRTPO, and their latest, respective Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) conforms to the purpose of the North Carolina State Implementation Plan (SIP). This transportation conformity determination is supported by the following findings:
- The FY 2016-2020 TIP is a direct subset of the conforming 2040 MTP.
- The MTP has a 20-year planning horizon.
The previously amended 2040 MTP was adopted by the CRTPO on October 1, 2015.