Work on the CRTPO’s first strategic plan reached a milestone in June with the project’s Steering Committee endorsing potential implementation strategies. Draft strategies were first developed during staff workshops in April and May and were presented to the Steering Committee at its June 17 meeting. They cover issues that range from identifying new funding, working with regional partners, continuous organizational improvement, and advancing the outcomes of major initiatives such as Beyond 77 and CONNECT Beyond, and will be the action steps to implement the following six goals that were developed earlier this year.
- Lead on regional mobility issues
- Proactively engage the public to increase awareness of regional transportation issues
- Foster a culture of collaboration with partners
- Encourage members’ participation in CRTPO’s planning and decision-making process
- Continuously improve internal operations to fulfill CRTPO’s mission and vision
- Expand regional transportation funding
The list of strategies identified by the steering committee to implement the goals can be viewed here.
The Strategic Plan will help shape the preparation of the annual Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP), provide an organizational management tool, and furnish the CRTPO with a roadmap for the next 5-10 years. A draft version of the plan will be presented to the TCC and CRTPO Board later this summer.